Anon Run 14VI
Norwegian Rune Poem 14 — ed. Ann-Dörte Kyas and Ray Page
Not published: do not cite (Anon Run 14VI)
text and translation
The new edition is either unpublished or unavailable. The following is taken from an old edition (Skj where relevant):
[MAÐR] er moldar auki,
mykil er græip á hauki.
Text is based on reconstruction from the base text and variant apparatus and may contain alternative spellings and other normalisations not visible in the manuscript text. Transcriptions may not have been checked and should not be cited.
editions and texts
Skj: Anonyme digte og vers [XIII], D. . Runedigt: AII, 230, BII, 249, kald II, 129; Kålund 1884-91, 14, Wimmer 1887, 280, Lindroth 1913, 271, Bauer 2003c, 156‑7.
Use the buttons at the top of the page to navigate between stanzas in a poem.
- text: if the stanza has been published, the edited text of the stanza and translation are here; if it hasn't been published an old edition (usually Skj) is given for reference
- sources: a list of the manuscripts or inscriptions containing this stanza, with page and line references and links (eye button) to images where available, and transcription where available
- readings: a list of variant manuscript readings of words in the main text
- editions and texts: a list of editions of the stanza with links to the bibliography; and a list of prose works in which the stanza occurs, allowing you to navigate within the prose context
- notes and context: notes not linked to individual words are given here, along with the account of the prose context for the stanza, where relevant
The text and translation are given here, with buttons to toggle whether the text is shown in the verse order or prose word order. Clicking on indiviudal words gives dictionary links, variant readings, kennings and notes, where relevant.
Full text tab
This is the text of the edition in a similar format to how the edition appears in the printed volumes.
This view is also used for chapters and other text segments. Not all the headings shown are relevant to such sections.